A Palestinian teenager who was killed in Gaza while working for a Jewish settler was a Palestinian employee of a Palestinian-owned construction company and a Palestinian teenager whose body was found in a Jerusalem cemetery was a worker for the Israeli military, Israeli authorities said.
A Palestinian teenager killed in a Gaza rocket attack was identified as Abdallah Abed Al-Khaliq, a 17-year-old who worked as a Palestinian construction worker for a Jerusalem-based construction company.
He was killed while he was working for the Palestinian-controlled Palestinian Authority, the Israeli Defence Force said in a statement late Sunday.
His death was confirmed on Tuesday by Palestinian security officials in the West Bank.
Abed Al-Haliq worked for a Palestinian company, the Construction Association of Palestine, according to a statement from the Palestinian Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Relations.
A group of Israeli settlers from the Hebron area, who said they were working for Abed’s family, told the AP news agency that the family had been living in the village of Khudara, near Hebron, for years.
The Palestinian security forces and settlers said they killed the teenager because he had tried to throw stones at Israeli troops.
They said he threw a Molotov cocktail that hit a Palestinian police officer in the leg and wounded him.
Abed’s father, Mohammed Abed, told AP the family was trying to flee from their house in the occupied West Bank after their daughter was killed.
They were told they would be arrested and sent to Gaza, he said.
The Israeli military said in its statement that it would conduct an investigation into the killing and would prosecute those responsible.
The incident comes as the Gaza Strip remains under heavy rocket fire, which the military says are intended for Israel.
The IDF said Sunday that it had killed two Palestinian militants in a separate rocket attack on an Israeli army checkpoint in the northern Gaza Strip.
The military said it had responded to a call by Palestinian militants to take revenge for the killing of two Israeli soldiers.
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu condemned the Palestinian rocket fire and said Israel would “take necessary measures” against those responsible for it.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.